If you’ve read some of our previous blogs, you may already know about our experience in CNC machining and the industries we work with, but you may not know how a project with us may look from start to end! Our customers come from all over the world and the products that we produce are distributed across various businesses and industries.
Weimi’s first customer was in the lighting industry. They were from Austria and at the time, Weimi’s factory was small and only had one lathe and one milling machine. We also had a small team comprising of a technician who was mainly responsible for programming and doing the final quality inspection, but also looked after all other aspects of the business. The technician was highly skilled in all operations and the final product for the client had no visible marks or imperfections – so our client was very satisfied with the quality and end result!
Here is the apart we made for our client:
Over time, we accumulated even more experience and have continued to pride ourselves on our quality of work. Over time, our company grew and we were able to contribute to the success of our clients – something we continue to do to this day!
The client from the light industry (whom we’ve kept anonymous in this post) has ordered additional parts from us over the years, including metal canopies, slip rings, metal tubes, holders and more for their pendant lamps.
There are many types of lamps that our company can produce including chandeliers, ceiling lamps, floor lamps, wall lamps, table lamps, and craft lamps.
Please see what lighting accessories we can produce:
Parts for chandeliers lamps:
Parts for ceiling lamps:
Parts for floor lamps:
Parts for wall-mounted lamps:
Parts for table lamps:
There are many methods of metal processing e.g: casting, forging, hammer anviling, turning, milling, planing, grinding, cutting, drilling, stamping, cold drawing, cold rolling, polishing, electroplating, powder coating and various heat treatments. The production of a component does not go through all the above-mentioned processes, but according to the functional requirements and characteristics of the parts we always decide to adopt one or more of the above-mentioned processes.
Several aspects related to processing lamp accessories:
1) Lathe processing, mainly used for processing various rotary surfaces, such as inner and outer cylindrical surfaces, conical surfaces, forming rotary surfaces and end faces.
2) Milling processing: mainly uses a milling cutter to process various surfaces of metal parts. It can process planes, grooves, and various curved surfaces, gears, etc. A milling machine is a tool that produces metal parts with a milling cutter.
3) Cutting, can be divided into flame cutting, plasma cutting, and plasma heating cutting. For soft metal plates or round materials, pipes, and so on we always use a cutting machine as it is simple and convenient.
4) Stamping to produce metal lampshades, lamp umbrellas, lamp bowls, and lamp housings, etc. The thickness of the thin steel plate used is 0.4-0.8mm and most of the aluminium plates are 0.8-.1.5mm thick. According to the drawing, we first cut the metal sheet using the blanking machine. Continuing this process, the parts go through the stamping machines, trim through the cutting machines, and finally polish, electroplate (or spray paint) the finished product.
5) Spin forming (processed by a spinning machine): the material that we can process is gold, silver, copper, aluminium, ordinary steel, or high-strength stainless steel, low-alloy steel, and heat-resistant alloy. In addition to straight-line spinning, it can also be trimmed, divided, and profiled.
6) Welding is divided into electric welding and gas welding and it connects the metal parts. The welding method can be used to improve the appearance of structural parts.
7) Polishing the surface of some metal parts (such as stainless steel, aluminium and aluminium alloy, etc.), to achieve smoothness, in addition to turning, milling, planing or joining (including grinding wheel polishing) – often using a cloth to buff and polish is required to finish the parts and to be sure that we meet customer’s requirements.
8) Electroplating, including high-speed plating, laser plating, wire spraying, explosive spraying and vacuum plating. After electroplating, the lamp fittings are not only beautiful but also rust and corrosion-resistant.
Weimi will give you the best processing plan for your product. We take care of all structural designs, materials, surface treatment and any other requested requirements. Our strict quality control assures that we produce high-quality lighting products and more at the lowest cost. Get a quote within 24 hours by contacting our team.